Finally, after all the WBC games and the bullshit spring training games, the 2009 baseball season is about to start. The Sox season is supposed to kick off at 2:05 but they are saying a 60% chance of rain, starting at 1pm. I say there's a 100% chance I am drunk by 1pm then.
Here is what I learned this weekend:
1. Mikey T is NOT BITTER about his Doc Gooden baseball cards.
2. Welchie apparently tans.
3. When someone says come back when you are drunk; you stick to your guns and say I AM DRUNK.
4. Beer buckets at the Junction are always a great idea.
5. Running the marathon is great for your ass muscles.
6. Smiddy is so excited for his trip to the Dominican Republic that he went crazy shopping up in Maine.
7. When I am bored I like to cook.
8. I get restless on Sundays if I have no plans or anything to do.
9. I have difficulty sleeping in late if I do shots with Red Bull in them.
10. Joe Martell has 6 tickets to U2 still available if anyone is interested.
11. The Big Mac bun has 178 sesame seeds. Which is kind of a weird fact.
BREAKING SPORTS NEWS 9:56 AM
Red Sox opener postponed
Due to rain, today's game has been postponed. It will be played instead at 4:05 p.m. tomorrow. (Boston Globe, 9:55 a.m.)