Scoop on the Wingalympics...This Friday at Sidebar.
"If Its free its for me" looks like he is backing out but we have a late entry.
1. Chrissy “El Wingador” Macphail 3-1
2. Jeffrey “The Wing King” Lundrigan 7-1
3. Mario “Hot Sizzle” Long 5-1
4. Jimmy "Two Thumbs" 4-1
5. Steve "Bring the Heat" Keith 6-1
6. Jason "Last Hurrah" Foley 2-1
7. Charlie "Chomp em and Stomp Em" Ferlauto 6-1
8. Timbo Slice 8-1
Its a 8 man competition.
Welchie has made it clear that he will take any and all bets against his boy Jimmy "Two Thumbs". Smiddy has taken him up on that - $100.00 bucks!!
Come on down and support your friends/contestants/eaters. At the very least support your local bartenders.
Just a side note:
According to Restaurant Business magazine, low cost dining spots like wing joints have become some of the country’s fastest-growing chains. Cincinnati-based Buffalo Wings & Rings is now the nation's fastest-growing franchised restaurant.
Several recent surveys have confirmed that tighter food budgets are causing more consumers to seek out less expensive dining options. But, folding wings into your dining lineup too frequently could lead to a seriously expanding waistline. Here’s the low down on the calorie counts of several popular wing spots:
* Lone Star, chicken wings appetizer: 1,759 calories
* Applebees, 1 order boneless Buffalo wings, 1,724 calories
* Zaxby’s, large order wings & things, 1,673 calories
* Wingstop, 10 Cajun wings, 1,590 calories
* Old Chicago, best Buffalo chicken wings, 1,562 calories
* Chi-Chi’s, 1 order Tex-Mex BBQ wings, 1,421 calories
* Chili’s, boneless Buffalo wings, 1,250 calories
* Hooters, 5 chicken wings, 866 calories
* Pizza Hut, 10 hot wings, 600 calories
* KFC, 1 order of 5 boneless fiery Buffalo wings, 420 calories
Most adult women need about 1,600 calories a day and men (who are usually taller and have more muscle) 1,800 – 2,000. That means a single wing order can provide a quarter to well over 100% of the calories needed in an entire day. Not to mention the fact that each wing contains 1 gram of artery clogging saturated fat not including the blue cheese.