Best headline ever: Eddie Guardado traded for hamburger
By David Brown
It doesn't get much better than this. Left-handed reliever Eddie Guardado has just been traded from Texas to Minnesota for a hamburger — minor-league pitcher Mark Hamburger, that is.
Six immediate reactions to this news:
1. Cheese, you've got to be kidding me!
2. Did the Rangers get fries with that?
3. Mmm, Guardado.
4. Some Twinkies, a Hamburger, let's do lunch!
5. The Twins will gladly take Guardado to close on Tuesday for a Hamburger today
6. Prince and CC want to know why the Brewers couldn't have pulled this trade off.
The Happy Meal Deal also brings to mind other players who are named after food.