Till Christmas! I assume most of you have already started your shopping. I'm also assuming some of you are already done with your shopping. Me on the other hand? I like to procrastinate; then I usually give cash. Because cash is king baby...CASH IS KING!
This year is a little bit different because I have a young niece and two nephews, all under the age of 1 1/2, to get gifts for. My brothers and I have always swapped pretty nice/expensive gifts, but now some are married and they all have children so do I buy gifts just for the children, for my brothers and their wives or do I try and get them all together for an adult swap with everyone buying gifts for the children? I mean what is the proper protocol?
Lets see what I learned this weekend:
1. The annual hockey game brings old friends back together, right PJ and Fab?
2. TK still has his legs about him and was 2nd in the MVP voting.
3. I don't know if you can beat the $6.00 shot and boob dance table side at the Banana. That should be some sort of Phantom Gourmet hidden jewel.
4. I may be boycotting Not Your Average Joes now that they have changed their meatloaf. It went from a top 10 dish that I would seek out to basically Purina dog food. Basically their meatloaf is now inedible.
5. I guess I have lots of typos in my things I learned this weekend. I will do a better job to proof read what I write.
6. Jeffrey is looking at getting a tattoo for his Christmas gift.
7. Strippers do not like to be told that you are a bachelor but your fiance is a man. They can't make money on lap dances if you tell em you like men!
8. Derek thinks its funny that people get annoyed when Derek talks in the 3rd person.
9. Today is Nora Mitchells 38th birthday.
10. Orett likes hockey more than most. Lot of first timers this year and everyone seemed to have a great day.
11. You have to be careful with this crazy weather we are having. People are getting Pneumonia like crazy.
12. Mike Tupe's new band Massachusetts Delta is pretty damn good.
13. Jingle Bells was composed by James Lord Pierpont in 1850 at Simpson Tavern in Medford. My favorite part is he composed it at the bar. Probably half in the rapper.
14. Who really gives a fuck that Madonna is doing the Superbowl Halftime show?
15. What gives with this Detroit Loins team? I mean they are a bunch of thugs.
16. It's amazing to me that as soon as the Bruins start winning everyone wants to start a conversation about them.
17. Why do people care if Robert Kraft and Steve Wynn are meeting about a potential casino in Foxboro? People are questioning Krafts moral compass.
18. You can't stop Tim Tebow you can only hope to contain him.
19. Rio is living through a renovation nightmare. Kid hasn't seen a television show in 2 weeks.
20. Jeffrey thinks all the waitresses on the North shore fall into the Revere High school stereotype.
21. The Watchdog is a strip club massage convert.
22. Stuffed pork loin is easier to make than I thought it would be.
I am already sick of everyone referring to Christmas things as Holiday things. ITS A FUCKING CHRISTMAS TREE. ITS NOT A HOLIDAY TREE!
The 4th of July is a holiday, Halloween is a holiday, Thanksgiving is also a holiday and we don't put up a fucking tree. Its Christmas time and I am putting up a Christmas tree, I am adourning it with Christmas decorations and I will put Christmas presents underneath it.
We don't call a Menora a Holiday candleabra, do we? Why are we singling out Christmas?