The Post - If you thought paying $7 for a hot dog at the ballpark was outrageous, you might want to get out the defibrillator.
The Brockton Rox hope to break the Guinness World Record for most expensive dog by serving an $80, half-pound behemoth, covered in decadent toppings you won't even find at some Michelin-starred restaurants. The Massachusetts-based member of the Canadian-American Association of Professional Baseball will roll out the extravagant frankfurter on July 23 -- National Hot Dog Day.
The foot-long wiener will get the royal treatment. After deep frying, it will be rolled in truffle oil, then coated in porcini dust. The dog is to be topped with white truffle shavings and crème fraiche. If that doesn't gild the lily enough, the frank will be finished with caviar and fresh roe.
This offering will certainly put the Rox on the map. For those outside of the Boston area, the team name is a tribute to the Red Sox. And although you probably aren't familiar with anyone on the roster, the Rox are managed by famed Red Sox first baseman Bill Buckner.
"What better way to celebrate National Hot Dog Day than with a new twist on a ballpark favorite," says club CEO Chris Carminucci.
No pictures of the frank are available yet, because the caviar isn't due in until next week. (Hate it when that happens!) But if you're anywhere in the Brockton area when the Rox take on the Newark Bears next Saturday, this ballpark frank is not to be missed.
Now let's see if Joey Chestnut shows up and drops $5000 for 62 of these bad boys.
Listen I am a fatty(yeah fatty not a foody), I like most foods and if I don't like something I will at least give it a college try. We all know that I love a good hot dog (Speed Dogs anyone?) but there is no way on gods green earth that I would pay $80 for a hot dog, unless it came with a guaranteed blow job!!
I can think of better ways to spend $80.00
1. 2 tickets to 6 Flags at $36.99 each = $73.98
2. 4 30 packs at $18.99 each plus $1.50 deposit = $81.96
3. 3 tickets to ride Codzilla at $25.00 = $75.00
4. 4 Buckets of beers(5 beers each bucket) at $17.00 = $68.00 plus $12.00 in tip money
5. A $49.00 30 oz Rib Eye Chop, Onion marmalade $6.00, A $7.00 twice baked potato, An order of short rib mac and cheese $11.00 at K.O Prime = $73.00
6. 26 boxes of Twinkies at $3.00 each = $79.00
7. 47 King size Kit Kats at $1.69 = $79.43
8. 10 Beers at $8.00 at Fenway park = $80.00
9. 3 $25.00 hands of Black Jack at Foxwoods = $75.00 with $5 for a tip for the drink lady.
10. 2 tickets to OAR at Bank of America Pavilion = $69.00
I mean I could go on all day with how many pizzas from the real Pizzeria Reginas, burgers from RF O'Sullivans, gas for a road trip to Montreal, or even scratch tickets for shits and giggles I would buy but I think you get the point. Who is buying this $80.00 hot dog?