Monday, November 27, 2023
Monday, November 20, 2023
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! Give me all the turkey, mashed and beers.
This is what I learned these last few days:
1. There are still people out there with pagers...wild.
2. The steak tips from Cronins still slap.
3. Pretty sure eating a cheese burger 4 times in a week isn't the greatest but man was it good.
4. When do your Christmas trees go up?
5. We lose Duffin on December 2nd and pick up Smiddy December 4th(verified by Joe Martell via a telephone call).
6. Man did it get cold quickly. I don't remember it being below freezing before Thanksgiving.
7. This past weekend for football was pretty trashy.
8. Nothing worse than a broken Golden Tee machine.
9. Its been a while since I wore glasses full time.
10. The rooms in Encore are fire.
11. Never share a room with Martell. That dude snores and stops breathing in his sleep.
12. Full clean bill of health for Thomas G. Kelly.
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
I have been a little caught up with the colder weather at work that it had slipped my mind to update this blog.
This is what I learned since last time I was here:
1. In my older age I have tried to be more chill when it comes to traffic but god damn I CAN'T - these drivers have only gotten worse.
2. The Goal Post may have colder beers than the Fowler House...that is eye opening.
3. My Golden Tee game is slipping. My putting is gone. Just not there.
4. Glad to see Chris Leaden is out there golfing when its 40 degrees out there.
5. I say it every year but knock it the fuck off with the pumpkin spice flavored everything.
6. Stuffed pork loin is underrated.
7. I don't think Veterans Day gets enough love.
8. The fact that cancer effects everyone and touches all lives, it is amazing to me there has been no cures found for a single one.
9. Its Tool day! Hope to see you fools there.
10. What is the plan for Thanksgiving week? Does anyone still go out the Wednesday before?
11. At what temperature do you break out your winter jacket? It is 40 for me!
12. If you had to choose one, would you do No Nut November or No Shave November? Chrissy says No Shave all day.
13. Man have you seen these McDonalds Crocs?
14. We should throw together a Saturday bar hopping Christmassy crawl.
Monday, November 6, 2023
only 8 weeks left in the year!
This is what I learned this weekend:
1. Some times you just need a nice relaxing weekend.
2. Nothing worse than an ingrown hair on your face.
3. Some people adult better than others.
4. Why the fuck are we still moving clocks and arbitrarily changing times?
5. Bruins finally lost in regulation, so now we have the Cs.
6. The Patriots lost again and people are losing their minds. This might be the highest and best draft pick they have had since Seymour (6th overall Go Dawgs).
7. Chrissy is out here working 3 jobs- 1 full time and 2 part timers! That's a family man.
8. Still hearing rumors that Smiddy is coming back to BU.
9. Also back to the Patriots, as bad as Frick and Frack ran the show last season, the team averaged 21.41 points per game. This season they are averaging 15 points per game. So were they the problem?
10. When did Xmas start November 1st and not after Thanksgiving?
11. Nothing makes me smile like random texts from people you haven't chatted with in a bit.
12. Has anyone used Warby Parker for glasses before?
Have a great week, Friday is a holiday so Thank a Veteran!